Website Design Goals Assignment | Due In Class Tuesday, March 24
Getting clear on why you are starting your site and what you want to accomplish is an important first step to starting your site.
The number one reason why people don’t finish their site is because they don’t have a clear vision of what they want to create.
Don’t let that happen to you! Invest a few minutes to come up with a plan and it will be that much easier and rewarding to create a site that achieves your goals.
Take a step back and think through your main site goals and write them down.
Please TYPE up answers to the following questions. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION.
I WILL NOT accept assignment submissions by email!
The following information should be included in your Website Goals Assignment.
Your answers will be assessed based on how completely and thoughtfully you answer the following questions.
1. I'm designing a website for .........
2. Why are you designing this website? A website is about communication, so you need to figure out exactly what your site is meant to accomplish. Why should it exist? What is the purpose of your site?
3. Why do you think people would visit your site? When people don't know you exist, why would they find you or happen upon your site? Why would they come back? If they do know you, why would they take the time to visit your site?
4. Who is this website for (target audience)? Determining the target audience is also important, because how the site is designed and built is determined by them (the user).
5. What are the goals for your site? You MUST have a MINIMUM of 3 goals.
Now, build on that by thinking through what information you can include to support your goals. Try to be as specific as possible and write down all of your ideas.
6. Please include a list of the information and content that will be included on my site. Take time to brainstorm and be creative in an effort to include a variety of original content you will create and additional content that already exists and you will curate.
What features do you think your website should include – such as a calendar, blog, forum, a variety of visual elements, contact form, etc?